SIGMA 17 (2021), 091, 12 pages arXiv:2106.03835
Contribution to the Special Issue on Mathematics of Integrable Systems: Classical and Quantum in honor of Leon Takhtajan
Negative Times of the Davey-Stewartson Integrable Hierarchy
Andrei K. Pogrebkov ab
a) Steklov Mathematical Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
b) Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Moscow, Russia
Received June 08, 2021, in final form October 01, 2021; Published online October 12, 2021
We use example of the Davey-Stewartson hierarchy to show that in addition to the standard equations given by Lax operator and evolutions of times with positive numbers, one can consider time evolutions with negative numbers and the same Lax operator. We derive corresponding Lax pairs and integrable equations.
Key words: commutator identities; integrable hierarchies; reductions.
pdf (343 kb)
tex (15 kb)
- Davey A., Stewartson K., On three-dimensional packets of surface waves, Proc. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A 338 (1974), 101-110.
- Faddeev L.D., Takhtajan L.A., Hamiltonian methods in the theory of solitons, Springer Series in Soviet Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987.
- Pogrebkov A.K., Commutator identities on associative algebras and the integrability of nonlinear evolution equations, Theoret. and Math. Phys. 154 (2008), 405-417, arXiv:nlin.SI/0703018.
- Pogrebkov A.K., 2D Toda chain and associated commutator identity, in Geometry, Topology, and Mathematical Physics, Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. Ser. 2, Vol. 224, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2008, 261-269, arXiv:0711.0969.
- Pogrebkov A.K., Hirota difference equation and a commutator identity on an associative algebra, St. Petersburg Math. J. 22 (2010), 473-483.
- Pogrebkov A.K., Commutator identities on associative algebras, the non-Abelian Hirota difference equation and its reductions, Theoret. and Math. Phys. 187 (2016), 823-834.
- Pogrebkov A.K., Commutator identities and integrable hierarchies, Theoret. and Math. Phys. 205 (2020), 1585-1592.
- Toda M., Vibration of a chain with nonlinear interaction, J. Phys. Soc. Japan 22 (1967), 431-436.
- Toda M., Wave propagation in anharmonic lattices, J. Phys. Soc. Japan 23 (1967), 501-506.
- Zakharov V.E., Shabat A.B., Exact theory of two-dimensional self-focusing and one-dimensional self-modulation of waves in nonlinear media, Soviet Phys. JETP 61 (1971), 62-69.