SIGMA 10 (2014), 044, 23 pages arXiv:1306.6599
Vector Polynomials and a Matrix Weight Associated to Dihedral Groups
Charles F. Dunkl
Department of Mathematics, University of Virginia, PO Box 400137, Charlottesville VA 22904-4137, USA
Received January 22, 2014, in final form April 10, 2014; Published online April 15, 2014
The space of polynomials in two real variables with values in a 2-dimensional irreducible module of a dihedral
group is studied as a standard module for Dunkl operators.
The one-parameter case is considered (omitting the two-parameter case for even dihedral groups).
The matrix weight function for the Gaussian form is found explicitly by solving a boundary value problem, and then
computing the normalizing constant.
An orthogonal basis for the homogeneous harmonic polynomials is constructed.
The coefficients of these polynomials are found to be balanced terminating 4F3-series.
standard module; Gaussian weight.
pdf (398 kb)
tex (24 kb)
- Dunkl C.F., Differential-difference operators and monodromy representations of
Hecke algebras, Pacific J. Math. 159 (1993), 271-298.
- Dunkl C.F., Vector-valued polynomials and a matrix weight function with
B2-action, SIGMA 9 (2013), 007, 23 pages,
- Dunkl C.F., Dunkl operators and related special functions, arXiv:1210.3010.
- Etingof P., Stoica E., Unitary representations of rational Cherednik
algebras, Represent. Theory 13 (2009), 349-370,
- Olver F.W.J., Lozier D.W., Boisvert R.F., Clark C.W. (Editors), NIST handbook
of mathematical functions, U.S. Department of Commerce National Institute of
Standards and Technology, Washington, DC, 2010.