The second event was the Conference on the Topology of Manifolds of Dimensions 3 and 4, held at the University of Texas at Austin, May 19-21, 2003, in honor of the 60th birthday of Andrew Casson. Invited lectures were given by Danny Calegari, Bob Edwards, Mike Freedman, Dave Gabai, Rob Kirby, Greg Kuperberg, Darren Long, Peter Ozsvath, Andrew Ranicki, Ron Stern, Peter Teichner, Kevin Walker, and Terry Wall. The organizing committee consisted of Cameron Gordon, Bob Gompf, John Luecke and Alan Reid. The conference was supported by NSF Grant DMS-0229035 and by the Department of Mathematics of the University of Texas at Austin.
1. Pages 1-26 : Poincare duality in dimension 3
2. Pages 27-68 : Seifert Klein bottles for knots with common boundary slopes
3. Pages 69-100 : Minimal surfaces in germs of hyperbolic 3--manifolds
4. Pages 101-134 : Whitney towers and the Kontsevich integral
5. Pages 135-144 : On the additivity of knot width
6. Pages 145-180 : Algebraic and combinatorial codimension-1 transversality
7. Pages 181-203 : On Heegaard Floer homology and Seifert fibered surgeries
8. Pages 205-212 : Generalized Dedekind sums
9. Pages 213-233 : Local surgery formulas for quantum invariants and the Arf invariant
10. Pages 235-265 : Ideal triangulations of 3-manifolds I: spun normal surface theory
11. Pages 267-290 : Symplectic structures from Lefschetz pencils in high dimensions
12. Pages 291-309 : On the characteristic and deformation varieties of a knot
13. Pages 311-333 : Tori in symplectic 4-manifolds
14. Pages 335-430 : Knots with only two strict essential surfaces
15. Pages 431-491 : Circular groups, planar groups, and the Euler class
16. Pages 493-507 : Homological representations of the Iwahori-Hecke algebra
17. Pages 509-547 : The metric space of geodesic laminations on a surface II: small surfaces
Publication of papers is now complete. Some historical material will be added in due course.
GT home page
These pages are not updated anymore. They reflect the state of . For the current production of this journal, please refer to http://msp.warwick.ac.uk/.