SIGMA 3 (2007), 057, 6 pages arXiv:0704.2679
Contribution to the Vadim Kuznetsov Memorial Issue
On the Applications of a New Technique to Solve Linear Differential Equations, with and without Source
N. Gurappa a, Pankaj K. Jha b and Prasanta K. Panigrahi c
a) Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700 064, India
b) Department of Physics, Texas A M University, TX 77843, USA
c) Physical Research Laboratory, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad 380 009, India
Received November 01, 2006, in final form March
29, 2007; Published online April 20, 2007
A general method for solving linear differential equations of
arbitrary order, is used to arrive at new representations for the
solutions of the known differential equations, both without and with a
source term. A new quasi-solvable potential has also been constructed
taking recourse to the above method.
Euler operator; monomials; quasi-exactly solvable models.
pdf (176 kb)
ps (144 kb)
tex (9 kb)
- Adomian G., Solving Frontier Problems of physics: the
decomposition method, Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1994.
- Atre R., Mohapatra C.S., Panigrahi P.K., Finding exact and approximate wave functions
of Hooke's atom, their information entropy and correlation, Phys. Lett. A
361 (2007), 33-38.
- Christ N.H., Lee T.D., Quantum expansion of soliton solutions, Phys. Rev. D
12 (1975), 1606-1627.
- Gradshteyn I.S., Ryzhik I.M., Tables of
integrals, series and products, Academic Press Inc., 1965.
- Gurappa N., Khare A., Panigrahi P.K., Connection between Calogero-Marchioro-Wolfes
type few-body models and free oscillators, Phys. Lett. A 244 (1998),
- Gurappa N., Panigrahi P.K., Free harmonic oscillators, Jack polynomials, and
Calogero-Sutherland systems, Phys. Rev. B 62 (2000), 1943-1949,
- Gurappa N., Panigrahi P.K, On polynomial solutions of the Heun
equation, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. 37 (2004), L605-L608,
- Gurappa N., Panigrahi P.K., Shreecharan T., A new perspective on single and
multi-variate differential equations, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 160 (2003), 103-112.
- Jatkar D.P., Kumar C.N., Khare A., A quasi-exactly solvable problem
without SL(2) symmetry, Phys. Lett. A 142 (1989), 200-202.