SIGMA 2 (2006), 096, 8 pages nlin.SI/0701003
Contribution to the Vadim Kuznetsov Memorial Issue
Restricted Flows and the Soliton Equation with Self-Consistent Sources
Runliang Lin a, Haishen Yao b and Yunbo Zeng a
a) Department of Mathematical Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, P.R. China
b) Dept. of Math and Computer Science, QCC, The City University of New York, USA
Received October 28, 2006, in final form December 22, 2006; Published online December 30, 2006
The KdV equation is used as an example to illustrate the
relation between the restricted flows and the soliton equation
with self-consistent sources. Inspired by the results on the
Bäcklund transformation for the restricted flows (by V.B.
Kuznetsov et al.), we constructed two types of Darboux
transformations for the KdV equation with self-consistent sources
(KdVES). These Darboux transformations are used to get some
explicit solutions of the KdVES, which include soliton, rational,
positon, and negaton solutions.
the KdV equation with self-consistent sources; restricted flows; Lax pair; Darboux transformation; soliton solution.
pdf (204 kb)
ps (142 kb)
tex (10 kb)
- Mel'nikov V.K., Integration method of the Korteweg-de Vries equation
with a self-consistent source, Phys. Lett. A, 1988, V.133,
- Shchesnovich V.S., Doktorov E.V., Modified Manakov system with
self-consistent source, Phys. Lett. A, 1996, V.213, 23-31.
- Urazboev G.U., Khasanov A.B., Integrating the Korteweg-de Vries
equation with a self-consistent source and "steplike" initial
data, Theoret. and Math. Phys., 2001, V.129, 1341-1356.
- Zeng Y.B., New factorization of the Kaup-Newell hierarchy, Phys. D,
1994, V.73, 171-188.
- Lin R.L., Zeng Y.B., Ma W.X., Solving the KdV hierarchy with
self-consistent sources by inverse scattering method, Phys.
A, 2001, V.291, 287-298.
- Zeng Y.B., Ma W.-X., Lin R.L., Integration of the soliton hierarchy
with self-consistent sources, J. Math. Phys., 2000, V.41,
- Zeng Y.B., Shao Y.J., Xue W.M., Negaton and positon solutions of the
soliton equation with self-consistent sources, J. Phys. A:
Math. Gen., 2003, V.36, 5035-5043.
- Ma W.X., Complexiton solutions of the Korteweg-de Vries equation
with self-consistent sources, Chaos Solitons Fractals, 2005,
- Hu X.B., The higher-order KdV equation with a source and nonlinear
superposition formula, Chaos Solitons Fractals, 1996, V.7,
- Zhang D.J., Chen D.Y., The N-soliton solutions of the sine-Gordon
equation with self-consistent sources, Phys. A, 2003, V.321,
- Gegenhasi, Hu X.B., On a integrable differential-difference
equation with a source, J. Nonlinear Math. Phys., 2006,
- Zeng Y.B., Bi-Hamiltonian structure of JM hierarchy with
self-consistent sources, Phys. A, 1999, V.262, 405-419.
- Zeng Y.B., Lin R.L., Wang X.H., Bi-Hamiltonian structure of the KdV hierarchy with self-consistent sources,
Adv. Math. (China), 1998,
- Zeng Y.B., Li Y.S., The deduction of the Lax representation for
constrained flows from the adjoint representation, J. Phys.
A: Math. Gen., 1993, V.26, L273-L278.
- Matveev V.B., Salle M.A., Darboux transformations and solitons,
Berlin, Springer, 1991.
- Kuznetsov V.B., Sklyanin E.K., On Bäcklund transformations for
many-body systems, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen., 1998, V.31,
- Hone A.N.W., Kuznetsov V.B., Ragnisco O., Bäcklund transformations
for many-body systems related to KdV, J. Phys. A: Math.
Gen., 1999, V.32,
- Hone A.N.W., Kuznetsov V.B., Ragnisco O., Bäcklund
transformations for the Hénon-Heiles and Garnier systems, in
Proceedings of the SIDE III (1998, Sabaudia), Editors D. Levi and
O. Ragnisco, CRM Proceedings and Lecture Notes Series,
Vol. 25, American Mathematical Society, 2000, 231-235.
- Newell A.C., Solitons in mathematics and physics, Philadelphia, SIAM,